Job Title: Writer, Reporter, Copy Editor
Access Publishing is seeking an applicant to fill the position of Writer, Reporter & Copy Editor. This position is responsible for reporting, writing and copy editing for our business clients. This includes writing blogs, web content, marketing pieces, newsletters, press releases and more. In addition to writing for clients, about half of this position’s time will be filled with news writing for Paso Robles Daily News and other publications and travel writing for our San Luis Obispo County Visitors Guide.
The position has the opportunity to build online marketing campaigns for not just Access Publishing, but for local small businesses. Many small organizations on the Central Coast are intimidated by the Digital Age and look to Access Publishing to provide the online marketing support they need to reach their customers on new platforms. Access Publishing is looking for a talented and passionate writer to join their dynamic team in assisting small businesses.
This role is a combination of Local Search optimization implementation, editing/writing and office assistance. This position is responsible to know several social media platforms, develop brand awareness, and generate inbound traffic.
This position monitors, tracks, and reports on client’s account for advancement in local search results and online reputation management. The ideal candidate for this position will have strong written communication skills and be able to manage and create press releases, blogs and articles for magazines, videos, and newsletters.
In addition, this position interacts with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints. This role is responsible to tend to client relationships by following up phone calls as well as allowing clients to utilize resources effectively.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 2+ years writing, editing and online marketing experience.
• This is a mid-level position, perfect for someone with 2+ years professional experience
• Attention to detail, proper spelling and grammar
• Good listening skills for understanding our clients’ needs
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritize
• A fast writer – This position will be responsible for about 2,000 words per day of original content, or 4-5 articles.
• In your application, please submit copies or links to your writing samples
Applications Accepted By Fax or Email:
Fax: (805) 226-9892
[Attention: I am interested in the Writer, Reporter, Copy Editor position]