Successful business web designSuccessful business web design uses local SEO and conversion optimization strategies to get found by search engines and convert browsers to buyers. The first step we already covered here: Local search engine optimization. The next step is designing the site so it generates emails, phone calls, and visits from customers. It’s called conversion optimization. It’s the key to making viewers highly inspired to take action. The average website has a conversion rate of less than 1-percent. That means one person in 100 might call. Just increasing the rate to 5-percent would be huge. Online searchers find a business website for a couple of reasons: They might have searched the business name directly on Google, Bing or Yahoo, or they might have searched for a good or service and a city, like “marketing agency in Paso Robles.” Then they evaluate the site:
- Is this site professional and well organized?
- Are these the products and services desired?
- Is it easy to find a phone number and map?
- Does it have testimonials from customers?
- Is this company an authority in its field?
- How do its prices and services compare to competitors?
- Ultimately the consumer is asking: Can I trust this business?